Acting Ecologically in Label Printing
Ecological action has gained enormous relevance in the B2B sector, especially in recent years. As a professional label manufacturer, the sustainable use of nature’s resources is a given for us. You want sustainable labels and assign great value to protecting the environment? So do we! That’s why many processes at label.co.uk follow the dictates of environmental friendliness. Because we are responsible for the planet we live on!
Our Mission: Sustainability
The ultimate goal is to minimise our ecological footprint even further. We have already made far-reaching efforts to achieve this:
- we have converted our company fleet to electrically powered vehicles.
- our own charging stations enable our employees to charge their electric vehicles on the company premises.
- as an online company, we rely on paperless communication. We also send invoices digitally.
- the filler plastic for packaging your labels has been replaced with 100% recycled paper.
- we use effective heat recovery from the presses for heating. This saves us around 80% on energy costs.
- digital printing enables us to produce your labels in a CO2-reduced way and without using printing plates. Long lead times and large amounts of waste are now a thing of the past.
- edge strips are sucked off (Lundberg Tech system), winnowed and returned to the cycle for the production of new carrier material.
Sustainable Materials for Your Labels
Customers also want increasingly sustainable materials for their labels. Label.co.uk caters to this demand and offers a wide selection of FSC®-certified as well as particularly environmentally friendly materials, such as grass paper, a bio-based PE film, removable or water-soluble labels and recycled paper.
Sustainability is Our Motivation
Furthermore, switching to green electricity was another logical step towards climate-friendly production: label.co.uk obtains 100% green electricity from a local provider. With almost 600,000 kilowatt hours/year, label.co.uk is the largest purchaser of regional green electricity from our local industrial estate’s solar park. This enables us to pursue our sustainability strategy in an even more targeted manner and to further reduce the CO2 emissions of our production.
Stay up to Date
… and subscribe to our newsletter: This will provide you with regular news on new materials, products or background information.
Tools and Services
If you have questions about the technical aspects of creating correct printing files, take a look at our tutorials. We have composed a collection of videos, texts and images that explain in detail how to create printing data.